- Principals and Management
- Mediatech Capital Partners is a private, highly specialized merchant bank strategic business accelerator and advisory firm whose principals and senior management are actively involved in each assignment the firm undertakes. By providing close, personal attention to a select client base, the firm is able to insure maximum results are achieved in a timely manner, with a minimum of disruption to a client’s everyday business and none of the potential client conflicts that often occur at larger firms. Mediatech Capital Partners believes fervently in "Keeping the Client in Control of the Transaction" and has a proven record of significant value creation for its clients and investment partners.
- Porter Bibb - Managing Partner, Corporate Finance
- Mr. Bibb has more than 40 years experience as a senior investment banker specializing in media, entertainment, and technology ventures.
He launched the first investment banking 'boutique' in London in 1962 and was part of the team which created Bankers Trust's highly successful investment banking unit in 1977, completing over 300 media and entertainment transactions in less than five years.
For over 15 years, he was principal, senior partner and director of investment banking at Ladenburg Thalmann & Co.
Mr. Bibb is also a former White House correspondent for Newsweek magazine; the first publisher of Rolling Stone Magazine; and former Corporate Development Director for The New York Times Company. He is the author of several books, including the best-selling biography of Ted Turner (Random House, 1993/1997). Mr. Bibb is a graduate of Yale University (BA/Hist) and holds graduate certificates from both the Harvard Business School and London School of Economics.
- Alexandra Penn - Managing Partner, Asset Management
- Ms. Penn's investment banking career includes service in the Office of the Chairman at W.P. Carey & Co., where she specialized in sophisticated real estate investment (REIT) programs. Previously, she served as consultant to Goldman, Sachs; Perry Capital; Kohlberg, Kravis, & Roberts; and Bertlesmann GmBH. Ms. Penn is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania (BA/Econ) and the author of 'Chilean Epistles', a socio-economic study of contemporary Chile. She holds an MBA from NYU in International Economics.
- Lindsay Gardner – Director, Global Media Development
- Mr. Gardner is a 25-year veteran of the international broadcast industry with significant experience in strategic planning, marketing, sales, broadcast journalism, and production. He is a Senior Advisor at Oaktree Capital Management, the Los Angeles-based buyout firm. Formerly President-Affiliate Sales and Marketing at Fox Cable Networks, he built Fox’s cable and satellite portfolio from a handful of small networks into one of the industry’s largest and most diverse. He also oversaw deployment of Fox’s high definition operations, interactive television, and video-on-demand. At Cox Communications, Mr. Gardner led the launch of new domestic and international networks.
- Gerald Malone :: Director, Life Sciences
- Mr. Malone was Minister of Health in the United Kingdom from 1994 to 1997.
A lawyer by training, he has since built a portfolio of non-executive directorships and consultancy appointments in pharmaceutical, healthcare technology, and investment trust sectors, both in the U.K. and the U.S.
He currently serves as advisor to Mediatech Capital Partners on medical, health, and biotechnology projects.
- Dr. Cheryl L. Shavers :: Director, Technology Services and Relationships
- Former Under Secretary for Technology, Dr. Cheryl Shavers, Ph.D, was senior advisor to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce in forming new policies and program initiatives in the areas of Science and Technology.
She also served as the Department of Commerce's representative to the National Science and Technology Council's Committee on National Security and the Committee on International Science, Engineering & Technology.
She was coordinator of the Clinton Administration's Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles program, and earlier held senior management positions with both Motorola, Hewlett-Packard, and Intel, where she led assessments of new technologies, structured business alliances and oversaw the company's strategic investments.
- Daniel Von Kohorn :: Director, Technology Investments
- Mr. Von Kohorn is a VP and portfolio manager at VKRA where he manages a commodities fund, is a member of the investment committee for two global equity funds, and publishes an investment commentary. He previously was a member of the Applied Research Group at JP Morgan Investment; Director of Research at Winged Keel Asset Management; and founding CEO of ThoughtStore, Inc., an on-line patents clearinghouse. He is co-founder of Beacon Angels, and is a member of the U.S. Secret Service NY Electronics Crimes Task Force. Mr. Von Kohorn graduated from Princeton University (AB/Economics; Cert/Applied & Computational Mathematics). [link]
Corporate finance services
Search our web site
Our mission is to accelerate and participate in the growth of technology and media companies through high level services and relationships.